THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
This was originally intended as a Christmas Day dinner, but I decided to leave this roast in the freezer for New Year's Day since we had so many Christmas Eve leftovers to use up. So a New Year's Day Semi-Boneless Prime Rib was on the menu for dinner today.

The roast, just a tad under 5 lbs -

Rather than stick with my tried and true Worcestershire and Montreal Steak seasoning I went with Worcestershire and Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria for a change of pace -

After about an hour on the Golden's set for indirect with the searing plate, running around 300-325 or so. I added another half grate and that upper level was home to some small potatoes seasoned with EVOO, S&P and Weber Veggie Seasoning -

Looking good, and it's just about reached an internal temp of 125 F -

After resting it was ready to be sliced into -

Even though the Mrs and I both like our beef rare to medium rare, this was just a bit too rare for both of us, so back onto the Golden's with the slices -

Much better -

Plated -

One of the above pics will be entered into the throwdown.

A most excellent New Year's Day dinner. The Prime Rib was moist and tender, the Oakridge Santa Maria was spot on and of course we have leftovers!

Thanks for checking in on our New Year's Day Prime Rib and a Happy New Year to all!

Regards,
-lunchman

Dom, you're killing me, man.

I'm looking forward to corned beef here in a short bit, but that prime rib is calling to me!

Looks excellent, Dom! Your whole meal looks delicious!
Happy New Year to you and family. :-D

Back