THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let me get this straight. You guys are actually trying to talk me out of going into my suburban back yard and taking out a whole family of racoons with a .22 pistol?

This is not the response that I was expecting.

And they bring their friends...

picture.php

CD

Just a safety note about coons. If you come across one out during the daylight hours, it probably has rabies. Dusk and dawn are OK.

I think that this is an old wives tale? We have a whole family of them in one of the huge cedar trees in the back yard. They're mostly active at dawn and dusk but we do see them during the day fairly regularly. Though I do suspect that the long summer daylight hours may play a part in that as it usually after 6:00 PM or so that they start stirring.

I am thinking of a different critter for this throwdown. What do you guys think?

images

Nutria02.jpg

Tasty dishes concocted by the world-famous cooks included nutria chili, nutria Ragondin sausage jambalaya and smoked nutria and Andouille sausage gumbo.

I am thinking of a different critter for this throwdown. What do you guys think?

images

Nutria02.jpg

Tasty dishes concocted by the world-famous cooks included nutria chili, nutria Ragondin sausage jambalaya and smoked nutria and Andouille sausage gumbo.

They still paying $5 a tail for those critters on the levees?

Those aren't beavers, they are nutria, a large rat-like critter -- AKA, target practice. Picture a 20 pound rat, and that's what a nutria looks like.

Not only are then not protected by any laws, shooting them is encouraged, as they do incredible damage. I have dispatched many of them.

CD

Those aren't beavers, they are nutria, a large rat-like critter -- AKA, target practice. Picture a 20 pound rat, and that's what a nutria looks like.

Not only are then not protected by any laws, shooting them is encouraged, as they do incredible damage. I have dispatched many of them.

CD

They the pest that the swamps down South are having problems with?

Back